Thursday, November 3, 2011

oh velvet...

This is the dress I wear when I want to feel comfortable and have no idea what the day's plan is. I figure if I wear this I can always dress it up or down for any situation. Oh when I first saw those pearl and gold buttons on such a soft, velvet dress at the thrift store...that was it! I had to have it, even if it looked a bit matronly with puffed sleeves (not the cute little ruffles but the terrible 80's sleeves that rise just short of your ears!), the less than flattering neckline and the extremely long length. After a little alteration to the neckline, hem and sleeves; along with the added bow made from some vintage material...it's perfect! or at least I think so.
So, in a rush to leave the house on one of our few days off together, I threw this on with a heavier cardigan and stockings. We ended up just shopping around and eating Thai food downtown. It was a much needed day of catching up...

          click 'em for a better view...