Monday, May 14, 2012

pretty dessert stands...

After dinner in Minneapolis, we came across the most tempting bakery windows. I mean tempting! I think it may have been a good thing that they were closed for the night! Aside from how delicious the pastries looked, what also caught my eye were the pretty stands they were displayed on. Then I realized these stands were more than regular store-bought dessert stands. They were all either cute goblets turned upside down or vases with little platters and plates attached to the tops of them! Why haven't I seen these before, or thought of making these stands myself!?! (well maybe because desserts around here may not last long enough to display them, but still!) Have you guys done this? Cake and cupcake stands can get so expensive, but this is such a great alternative! Imagine the color combinations! Plus, thrift stores seem to always be packed full with little vases and cute plates for practically nothing. Ahhhh, imagine a little table full of upside down vintage goblets of every height, displaying pretty cupcakes!